Elisabeth Hasselbeck leaving ‘The View’ after 9 years?
(WTVR) — Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the sometimes controversial conservative co-host, is reportedly leaving ABC’s “The View” after nine years with the show.
US Weekly reports that Hasselbeck’s contract was not renewed because she was too divisive.
The magazine reported that an inside source said people were not watching “The View” because of the mother of three’s extreme views. As a result, US Weekly reports Hasselbeck was told on March 7 that she would not be returning to the show for another season.
So far that has been no official word on from the network. However, “The View” told US Weekly in a statement that Hasselbeck is a valued member of the show and that she, in fact, has a long-term contract.
|PHOTOS: Faces of Meth — Before and After||PHOTOS: Way TOO tan||PHOTOS: No Pants Subway Ride|