WATCH LIVE AT 8: Gov. McAuliffe announces budget deficit to state leaders
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Toddler dies after eating chili powder as punishment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
chili powder

APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (WTVR) – A toddler is dead after police say she ingested chili powder as punishment according to CNN affiliate KTLA. Authorities were called to an Apple Valley home on Sunday for a child suffering a seizure after eating the chili powder.

The two-year-old girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.  The child’s 21-year-old caretaker is now facing charges. Amanda Sorensen, the child’s father’s girlfriend, is being held on a half-a-million dollars bail.

An autopsy will be performed to determine exactly how the child died.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,754 other followers