‘Suspicious’ package impacts War Memorial attendees
Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of DUI
Former Virginia GOP chairman killed in Mountain Road crash
Vigil for slain trooper planned in Mobsy Court
Slain VSP special agent had ‘bedrock sense of values’
Slain trooper founded wrestling club for kids

Self-cleaning oven blamed for Henrico house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(WTVR) - Three people including one teenager are homeless this morning, staying with family members, after a house fire damages their home in Henrico's east end.

Fire Captain Jim Mellon tells us the fire got started shortly after 2 am this morning at 405 Gunnsboro Court near Pleasant St.

The fire was marked under control about 20 minutes later.

No one was injured.

Investigators believe the fire started when a towel hanging in front of the stove ignited while it was on a self-cleaning process.