(CNN) — Two more victims from the Connecticut school massacre have been identified. Victoria Soto and Lauren Rousseau, both teachers at the school, are among the dead, according to friends and family members.
Connecticut State Police held a news conference Saturday morning to update the public about the investigation into the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance offered the following updates on the shooting that killed 20 children and six adults:
– Evidence has been recovered that could uncover the motive behind the shooting. “Our investigators at the crime scene did produce some very good evidence in this investigation that our investigators will be able to use to paint a complete picture,” Vance said.
– The shooter forced his way inside the school.
–The bodies of the victims were transported to the Office of The Chief State’s Medical Examiner where an examination will be conducted to determine the manner and cause of death.
– The medical examiner has positively identified all the victims of the shooting, and within hours is expected to release their names and birthdates.
– The investigation at the crime scene will not be completed for at least another day, or more.
– The gunman in the Connecticut school shooting had access to more guns than the three found at the elementary school, a law enforcement source said Saturday. Police recovered three additional guns elsewhere. They are a .45-caliber Henry repeating rifle, a .22-caliber Marlin rifle, and a .30-caliber Enfield rifle, the source said.
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.