Pan left on stove starts house fire
HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A pan left on a stove started an early morning house fire. The Henrico County Fire Marshal ruled Tuesday’s fire accidental, according to Henrico Fire Captain James Mellon.
Firefighters rescued a 49-year-old man who they found unconscious in the home along the 3700 block of Bolling Rd. The man remains in critical condition at VCU Medical Center, Mellon said.
“The smoke detector did activate during the fire but [it] was located on the floor,” Mellon wrote in an email. He said that lead the Fire Marshal to believe the alarm sounded later than it would have had the alarm been attached to the ceiling.
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis