VIRGINIA THIS MORNING: Strawberry Pretzel Salad
RICHMOND, Va (WTVR) – We continue our ‘Virginia This Morning’ Tradition by having the co-hosts prepare one of their favorite Holiday Dishes. Bill Bevins shared his signature Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe with us.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons white sugar; mix well and press mixture into bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream blend together cream cheese and white sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Refrigerate minimum 30 minutes
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly.
- When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.