The lights will turned on at 6:00 p.m. and WTVR.com streamed the event for users.
CBS 6 News also featured LIVE reports from the festivities from Raymond Hawkes.
“This year, James Center is bringing awareness to Greater Richmond SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now),” Marketing and Operations Coordinator Kimberly Carter wrote in an email. “SCAN will be at Grand Illumination collecting toys for 170 Richmond area children. During the holiday season, these children will be coming to James Center so their parents or guardians can “shop” for gifts.”
- Friday, November 30, 2012, 5:50 pm – 7 pm
- JAMES CENTER, between 9th-12th & Cary Streets
- $3.00 parking is available at the parking deck on the corner of 10th & Canal Streets after 4:00 p.m.
No parking will be allowed on the East Cary Street between 9th and 12th streets.
- 10th Street will be closed from 10 am – 10 pm from the Parking Deck to Cary Street.
- The Parking Garage will remain accessible from Canal Street onto 10th Street.
- The parking lane on Cary Street will close at 9 am and will remain closed until 12 am.
- Expect traffic delays on East Cary Street from 9th to 12th streets from
5 p.m. to 9 p.m. as pedestrians and motorists view the light display at the James Center.
- The Greater Richmond Children’s Choir
- Varina High School Marching Band
- The American Youth Harp Ensemble
- Characters from the Nutcracker Cast
- VCU Trombone Choir
- Singer Patsy Butler
- Flutes on the Go
- Virginia Piedmont & Central HO Model Railroad Club