Man arrested for filming woman, child in Target dressing room
Chesterfield man disappears during swim
Plan to replace Richmond Coliseum
Motorcyclist killed after striking deer in Powhatan County
Police say infant killed in fatal crash was not properly secured
Police believe dash cam footage could help solve I-95 hit-and-run
Chesterfield man suspected of drowning in Virginia creek

UPDATE: Man charged in wife’s murder

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) - New details are emerging after a mother of two was allegedly stabbed to death by her husband inside their Chesterfield home late Monday.

Major Terry Patterson with Chesterfield police said 42-year-old Mia Nichell Williams was found stabbed to death inside her home in the 13500 block of Brandy Oaks Road by officers around 9:20 p.m. Monday.

Chesterfield police said the victim's husband, 44-year-old Tony Williams,  took off in his car before officers arrived.

However, an officer spotted Williams' vehicle about 10 minutes later, prompting a police chase that led from Route 288 to I-95. The chase ended when Williams' car crashed near the Willis Road exit.

That's when police said Williams tried to run away and was hit by an oncoming vehicle on the interstate.

Williams was taken to VCU Medical Center.

Williams has been charged with First Degree Murder.  He is being held at Riverside Regional Jail pending his appearance in Chesterfield Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.

CBS 6 News' Catie Beck reported that the children of Mia and Tony Williams witnessed the domestic homicide and called 911.

Police said the boy and girl, age 16 and 11, were at the home when officers arrived. The pair are now in the custody of a relative. 

Additionally, Williams was charged with a domestic assault in 2006. His wife accused him of biting her arm in a jealous rage after he found her on the phone with a male friend.

There was an emergency protective order attached to the charge. He pleaded guilty and was given a two-year probation.

Chesterfield police also said they had responded to the home for various other domestic disputes between the couple over the last five years.