This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) - The Hanover County Fire Department responded to a gas leak at 7 p.m. at a truck stop off of Route 54 in Ashland.
A construction company was working in the area. The company struck a gas main and caused it to rupture.
Twenty people at the nearby Econo Lodge and Howard Johnson were evacuated and taken elsewhere.
No injuries were reported.
The fire department is currently on scene patching up the gas leak.