PHOTOS: Sandy’s New York and New Jersey devastation
Sandy brought hurricane-force winds, torrential rain and even snow after making landfall at Atlantic City, N.J. The storm has inundated the Eastern Seaboard, downing trees and leaving millions without power as it churns inland; despite being downgraded to a “post-tropical cyclone.”
Incredible photos continue to post that show the devastation from Sandy up and down the East Coast. The following gallery mainly captures the devastation and recovery efforts in New York and New Jersey.
- Chincoteague ponies push to higher ground as Sandy floods island
- VIDEO: Reporter mishaps during Superstorm Sandy
- VIDEOS: Social media sites show Sandy’s impact on coastal Virginia, North Carolina
- VIDEO: Chopper shows damage to Hatteras Island
- Caught on Camera: Deer trapped in Hurricane Sandy’s surf
- Explosion at New York substation caught on tape
- How Sandy was dubbed ‘Frankenstorm’
- Incredible photo of Sandy behind Statue of Liberty? Fake.