RICHMOND, Va, (WTVR) - Do you ever feel like your credit score is misrepresenting you? You may be able to fix it, because now the government is giving you a chance to appeal.
Today the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau began accepting complaints about credit reporting services. The bureau says they can deal with cases that contain the following:
- Incorrect information on a credit report
- A consumer reporting agency’s investigation
- Improper use of a credit report,
- Being unable to get a copy of a credit score or file, and
- Problems with credit monitoring or identify protection services.
If you feel you have been wronged you can file a complaint on their website here.