“Many people eat there, a lot of locals eat there on lunch breaks and stuff,” Tonya Thackers, a customer who says she saw the deer, said. “There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can.”
Katie Hopkins said she witnessed employees dragging in a trash bin with a dead carcass inside of it. "But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen,” said Hopkins.
That’s when environmental health inspector Paul Lawson was called to check it out.
When Lawson showed up to the restaurant, what he found inside he said is the craziest thing he's ever seen.
"Upon arrival, I did discover there was a deer carcass inside the facility,” said Lawson.
The discovery lead to the health department shutting down the restaurant. The owner told Lawson that he picked up the deer along Interstate 75.
“They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to.” Lawson said, “so that makes me concerned.”
They didn't admit to doing it before.
The owners also told Lawson they planned to take the deer home and didn't plan to serve it to customer.
Thacker, however, said she couldn’t handle the sight. “I don't think I'll ever eat Chinese food ever again,” she said.