ON YOUR MENU: Wheaties Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Wheaties cereal
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together, add eggs and blend well.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix into shortening mixture.
- When blended, add vanilla and coconut and mix.
- Fold in Wheaties cereal, small amounts at a time until all mixed in. Batter will be stiff.
- Using about a tablespoon of batter at a time, roll walnut size balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 400-degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.