HOLMBERG: Brandon Raub shares theories about American threats
RICHMOND, Va (WTVR)- A decorated U.S. Marine war veteran has a lot of theories about who’s really running the country and the world’s banks.
Brandon Raub, recently released from a psychiatric hospital, says those extremely wealthy individuals and organizations want to enslave us, and calls it an emergency situation.
Raub’s Facebook postings about that conspiracy, with language that seemed to advocate violence, led federal agents as well as Chesterfield Police to come to his home to question him last month.
In his first sit-down interview with a news organization, Raub says a federal agent collapsed in his front yard that night leading to a “physical situation.” He says he was detained by authorities under what’s called an emergency detention order – an allegation that he was in danger to himself and others – and a subsequent mental health evaluation led him to be committed to a psychiatric hospital until lawyers from the libertarian group, The Rutherford Institute, took up his cause. The case was picked up by conservative websites and made national news.
In a wide-ranging interview, the 26-year-old talked about what he calls direct threats to freedom in the United States, and around the world. Among his claims, he said the Israelis were responsible for attacking the World Trade Center on 9/11.
There is a short and a long video version of this interview here. It is largely unfiltered, the thoughts of a man who some say was detained for challenging authority by using free speech.
You be the judge.
CBS 6 was the first to break this story. You can view all of our continuing coverage below.
- Chesterfield man, Marine veteran, detained over Facebook posts
- Chesterfield police: Raub resisted officers, was taken for evaluation
- Statement from attorneys on Brandon Raub detention
- Full text, Brandon Raub’s proclamation: Take our Republic back
- UPDATE: Brandon Raub to be transferred to Salem psych ward
- Detained Marine veteran now released, per judge’s order
- Brandon Raub’s attorneys to file civil suit against government
- Marine veteran Brandon Raub discusses detention over Facebook post