DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va (WTVR)
She jumped up almost exactly as her mom and dad saw a flash of light outside.
For Daniqua Wyche, the first question was did you feel that?
Then Daniqua had to sit down as her right side went numb her heart started racing and her blood pressure shot up.
For her mom, Cutina Ligon, there was only one thing to do. She called 9-1-1.
It didn’t take long for them to figure out, the shock Daniqua felt was at the exact moment her parents glimpsed the lightning bolt.
The same bolt Kimberlin Cooke saw from inside her home across the street from the Ligon house.
Daniqua says it was almost an hour later before she could walk and her right leg got its’ feeling back, but she had a headache for most of the night.
While she decided not to go to the hospital, the paramedic’s advised her parents to keep a close eye on her through the evening.
24-year-old Daniqua says she can’t believe she was shocked by a lightning bolt, in the Pinecroft Road home on she has lived in for more than 20 years.
But now when storms cross the Dinwiddie County sky, she won’t be sitting on the floor or against any metal, much less a baseboard heater.
Even Cooke says knowing what happened and seeing the flash, she will take storms much for seriously than she has in the past, including keeping her front door closed.
Daniqua says for now, there seems to be no long-term affects from the shock, and she feels blessed, knowing it could have been much different.