RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) - Today Shirley Simmons made Lemonade Cookies -- on your menu.
Here's how you can make them at home.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6oz. frozen lemonade, thawed
- white sugar or yellow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream margarine or butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Add flour and soda together and add to creamed mixture alternately with 1/2 cup lemonade.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around edges.
- Remove from oven and brush with lemonade and sprinkle with sugar.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.