RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR)–Just last Friday, Martin Radavan, the Czech attorney for Randy Blythe, said the heavy metal singer should be out of jail any day now.
Yet, the 41-year-old Richmond local and front man for Lamb of God remains in jail, where he has been since June 27.
“Last night the court published that they were upholding the $400,000 bail and Randy’s release…,” said Larry Mazer, manager for the heavy metal band Lamb of God, in an email.
“The prosecutor appealed the $200,000,” said Mazer. “That appeal was turned down but the bail was raised to $400,000 which as you know we paid.”
“…but by Czech law, the prosecutor can challenge one more time which he is doing and that starts the clock all over again.”
Mazer would not give an expected time frame for Blythe’s release when CBS 6 called him.
He did say he doesn’t think it will be within six days. The Lamb of God tour is scheduled to start in Seattle, Washington on August 1.
An official announcement about the tour is expected tomorrow.
The Gauntlet website, citing a Czech source, said that on Friday, July 27, the prosecutor will submit to the judge a reason for the bail denial.
Then, according to the Gauntlet’s sources, the judge has five days to rule, and another five days for it to be written or published to the court.
So fans continue to wait as the singer is processed through a legal system very different from America’s own.
A petition was started by fans, on the White House website, and it currently has over 25,000 signatures. There has been no comment made by officials. [Click here to see the petition].
- Lawyer: Randy Blythe should be out any day now
- Report: Randy Blythe bail doubled
- Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe talks about life in Czech jail
- Randy Blythe vigil planned outside Supreme Court
- Judges to review Lamb of God singer’s case, next week
- U.S. Dept. of State says no comment on jailed Lamb of God singer
- Lamb of God singer Blythe formally denied bail, remains in jail
- REPORT: Complaint filed, Lamb of God singer remains jailed
- Richmond rallies for Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe
- GWAR’s Dave Brockie goes off on Randy Blythe’s detention in Czech Republic