Warrant says 70-year-old called 911 for murder
CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WTVR)–New information tonight about the murders of a father and son in Chesterfield last week
CBS 6 News obtained the search warrant that details when police were called to the home in the 1900 block of River Road and what they found.
The warrant says the 70-year-old wife and mother of the victims, Estelle Jones, called 911 last Thursday evening after 7 p.m. and told police she shot her husband, 71-year-old Joseph Jones, and then she strangled her son, 51-year-old Perry Jones, with a belt.
Police took two leather belts, two revolvers, cartridges, and cases for the guns.
Estelle Jones is being held in jail without bond.
- Cousin stunned after 70-year-old charged with murder
- 70-year-old woman charged with murders made 911 call to police
- 70-year-old mother charged with murdering husband, son
- Witness recalls ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s chilling final words
- VIDEO: Argument may have you questioning mom's parenting skills
- 911 CALL: Hissing 22-pound Himalayan cat forces family, dog into bedroom
- VIDEO: Watch what happens when President Obama pushes the red button on 'Between Two Ferns' with Zach Galifianakis