Royal New Kent is reminiscent of the Irish Landscape where links course such as Royal County Down and Ballybunion were built.
Greens hide behind sharp, grassy knolls, hand stacked rock walls and tall fescue grasses. The generous, countoured fairways occasionally demand blind shots.
The par 72 design features over 120 bunkers, many are deep shadow bunkers lined with fescue grass.
The enormous, fast greens have bold swales and ridges. Each hole offers several playing options.
- 16th toughest public course in the nation.
- 4 ½ star rated by Golf Digest 2008
- #3 best in state, Virginia. Golf Digest
- #23 of the top 100 courses you can play. Golf Magazine
- Best new upscale course in the NATION. Golf Digest 1997