Watch On Your Menu with Shirley Simmons Mondays on CBS 6 News at Noon.
- 12 oz. beef broth (use low sodium, if you prefer)
- 4-to-6 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 (8 oz.) cans dark kidney beans
- 2 lbs. fresh kale, washed w/thick center stems removed
- 6 large links of chorizo or other hot sausage
- 2 C. Water
- Place broth in a large pot; add potatoes and kale.
- Drain and rinse beans, place in pot.
- Remove casings from sausage and add to pot in chunks.
- Bring everything to a boil, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Click here to view more of Ms. Shirley’s recipes.