Holiday Eggnog Cake
Watch On Your Menu with Shirley Simmons Mondays on CBS 6 News at Noon.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or margine
- 1/4-1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 (18.25oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2) stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1/4 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tablespoons eggnog
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Generously grease a bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine. Press whole almonds and cherries against buttered sides and bottom of pan. Dust lightly with flour. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, margarine or butter, rum flavoring and eggnog. Beat until smooth, about 4 minutes with mixer or 450 strokes by hand .
Pour batter into pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan ten minutes. Invert on rack and cool thoroughly.
Make icing by combining sugar, eggnog and vanilla extract in small bowl and stir until smooth. Invert cake on plate and drizzle icing over cake.
Click here to view more of Ms. Shirley’s recipes.