After-Thanksgiving Turkey Pie
Watch On Your Menu with Shirley Simmons Mondays on CBS 6 News at Noon.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups cooked leftover turkey (cut up into bite size pieces)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 2-quart casserole spray with with a nonstick cooking spray; spread turkey meat on bottom of casserole dish.
Spread peas on top of turkey. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the broth and soup. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour hot mixture evenly over turkey and peas—do not stir.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and pepper; stir in buttermilk and butter. Pour this mixture on top of last layer and smooth top –do not stir.
Bake pie uncovered until brown and bubbly; about 45 minutes.
Click here to view more of Ms. Shirley’s recipes.