Fire closes Weezie’s Kitchen ‘until further notice’

RICHMOND, Va. -- A Carytown restaurant is shut down after a fire early Sunday morning. The blaze started in the alleyway behind Weezie's Kitchen.

Fire crews said they spotted flames coming from the building and eventually put them out.

Officials with Weezie's posted on Facebook just after 8 a.m. Sunday that the restaurant “will be closed until further notice.”

The Facebook post indicates someone tossed a cigarette butt into their dumpster, which restaurant officials said sparked flames that spread to their walk-in cooler.

However, fire officials have not released an official cause for the fire.

This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can submit a news tip here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.