Teen critically injured in Richmond shooting
Search for missing King William woman continues

Firefighters issue warning after Southside apartment fire

RICHMOND, Va. – No one was injured after something cooking on the stove of a Southside apartment caught fire Saturday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the Crossings at Bramblewood apartments in the 1300 block of Greenmoss Drive around 3:30 p.m.

Officials said it took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the flames.

The man who lives there made it out safely and is still able to stay in his apartment.

However, officials said the apartment above his unit does have has some smoke damage.

Firefighters stressed the importance of not leaving cooking food unattended.

If you see breaking news, and can do so safely, shoot a photo or video and send it to CBS 6. You can also upload photos to our Facebook page or email pics@wtvr.com from your phone.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.