🎅Richmond Christmas Parade forecast for Saturday

Chesterfield Fire and HAZMAT crews contain chlorine gas leak

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Chesterfield Fire and EMS and HAZMAT crews responded to a chlorine gas leak in Chester on Tuesday.

The chemical leak occurred at Church and Dwight Co., Inc., located on the 1800 block Touchstone Road.

Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS said the leak was no danger to the public.

Elmore says crews entered the building and contained the leak. The leak has dissipated and cleanup has begun, Elmore added.

The building will now be turned back over to the business.

This is a developing story. Anyone with more information can submit a news tip here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.