Officer saves dog from Midlothian house fire

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire in Midlothian Thursday afternoon.

Crews were called to a home in the 13200 block Drakewood Road just before 2:45 p.m., according to Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS.

SOURCE: Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS

SOURCE: Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS

Elmore said flames were visible through the home's roof when firefighters arrived.

No one except Mattie the dog was at home when the fire broke out.

"Great work by Chesterfield County Police Officer Ryan Payne for rescuing Mattie from first floor of house fire," Elmore said. "Mattie was uninjured."

No injuries were reported.

There is no word on yet on what sparked the fire.

This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can submit a news tip here.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.