RICHMOND, Va. — Help pick which Virginia college will win $10,000 in student book scholarships from the KLM Scholarship Foundation.
It’s super simple to vote. Choose the school you think should score the prize and vote up to once a day now through March 30.
The winning school will be revealed during the KLM Scholarship Foundation’s 11th annual Black & White Affair Charity Benefit on Saturday, April 6. Click here for more information or if you would like to buy tickets.
“We are truly excited about this contest. It will assist ten deserving college students and have a widespread impact on higher education in Virginia,” KLM Scholarship Foundation’s Founder Kimberley L. Martin said. “Our mission is to increase awareness about the benefits of a college education and help scholars pay for a degree. The VA $10K Scholarship Giveaway will help us do both.”
The organization’s 2019 goal is to raise a total of $30,000 and distribute thirty (30) $1,000 book scholarships. One third of that goal will fund the VA $10K Scholarship Giveaway benefiting the winning college.
How Students can Apply:
- Students can apply for the book scholarships May 1 – June 30. The online application will be available on the KLM Foundation’s Facebook Page.
- Then ten $1,000 book scholarships will be awarded to ten students who are attending or planning to attend the winning college.
- Those students will be selected by the foundation’s Scholarship Committee in July of 2019 and scholarships will be distributed during August 2019.
- Graduating high school senior attending the winning 4-year Virginia college or a full-time student at the winning 4-year Virginia college.
- Between the ages of 17-22 years old.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
- Must be a United States citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
College list information from State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).