RICHMOND, Va. – Bryan Christman, from popular eatery Metro Diner, made a return visit to the Virginia This Morning kitchen and whipped up his restaurant’s signature Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Waffles. You can stop by one of Metro Diner’s two Richmond locations in Short Pump and in the Libbie Place Shopping Center. For more information you can visit https://metrodiner.com/
Recipe to create the Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Waffle at home:
- 1 Belgian Waffle
- 2 Scoops of Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffing (you can create this at home with mashed strawberries and cheesecake filling)
- 2 ounces Strawberry Compote
- 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- Prepare your Belgian waffle and separate into 1/4's – two will be the bases and two will be lids. Prepare your Strawberry Cheesecake stuffing and add one scoop to each stack.
- Place two waffles on top as lids.
- Drizzle Strawberry Compote (can be purchased at your local store).
- Garnish with Powdered Sugar.