Outdoor grill sparks Chesterfield house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- A fire sparked by an outdoor grill caused "significant" damage to a Chesterfield home Sunday afternoon.

Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS said crews were called to a home in the 10900 block of River Road just after 5:15 p.m.

Elmore said the fire was started by an outdoor grill that was too close to the home.


Officials said the home suffered "significant damage" in the fire.

No one was injured, Elmore said, but a family of four was displaced by the fire.

Elmore said the cause of the blaze was ruled accidental.

This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can submit a news tip here.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.