RICHMOND, Va. -- Three children and two adults were displaced Monday morning following a house fire.
Firefighters responded to the home, on the 1600 block of N. 19th Street, just before 2 a.m.
Fire crews managed to extinguish the flames within five minutes of arrival.
The fire was confined to one room of the house and there was no major structural damage, according to fire officials.
An initial investigation determined an overheated extension cord connected to an air conditioner unit may have started the fire.
This is a developing story.