Gas grill sparks Chesterfield house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — Chesterfield firefighters responded to an early morning house fire Friday.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 a.m. Friday at a home on Ridgerun Road.

Investigators said a gas grill the family used Thursday night was still hot and sparked a fire.

The fire burned the home’s back deck and crawl space before firefighters extinguished the fire.

A smoke detector alerted the family to the fire. There were no injuries reported.

Google Map for coordinates 37.423059 by -77.587706.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.