TRACK RAIN: Use CBS 6 Interactive Radar

Family of 7 displaced after South Richmond home catches fire

RICHMOND, Va. – A family of seven was displaced after their home caught fire Friday evening on Richmond's Southside.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 1400 block of Willis Street.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the home suffered heavy smoke damage.

Officials said the blaze started in the home’s kitchen.

Fire officials said an adult and two children inside the home when the fire started made it out safely.

Family members said two adults and five children live at the home.

There has been no word yet on what sparked the fire.