Pets perish in Henrico house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. – Authorities said a cat and guinea pig died in a house fire in Henrico County Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 5800 block of E. Rois Road for a report of a house fire around 4 p.m.

When crews arrived, they entered the home, but were forced out because of “extreme fire conditions,” officials said.

Video provided by Jody Trainham showed black smoke billowing from the back of the home as firefighters could be seen pulling hoses to the home.

"Firefighters battled their way back into the home and brought the fire under control," Capt. Rob Rowley with Henrico Fire said.

No one was injured.

Officials are investigating what sparked the fire.

Google Map for coordinates 37.620647 by -77.436121.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.