CHESTERFIELD, Va. –Mary Carol Smith and her husband won week two of the annual Let it Glow contest.
They have been decorating for years. Their next-door neighbors moved in over 30 years ago and were the first on the block to start putting out "tacky lights." Over the years, the Smiths began to embrace adding more Christmas lights, and so did the neighborhood.
Mary Carol Smith said they start preparing in early November, and that folks begin driving by the day after Thanksgiving.
The street features so many light displays that it is called “Christmas Court.” You can see it in the drone video below!
PLEASE NOTE: 360 EMBEDDED VIDEO WON'T PLAY ON MOBILE. CLICK HERE.
The annual CarMax Tacky Light run actually built their course around this wonderland. Mary Carol Smith said they love cheering on the thousands of runners who participate.
The house lights up at 5 p.m., seven days a week through January 1.
The runner up this week are the "Newbies" who recently moved into the neighborhood. This is their second year decorating. This year, neighbors said the "Newbies" really got into the holiday tradition.
You can find Christmas Court in the 12600-block of Dawnridge Court in the Walton Park neighborhood in Midlothian.
Help us find the brightest and best home. Would you like to nominate a holiday lights home? Click here to make a nomination.
Previous winners and runner-ups include:
- 12610 Dawnridge Court, Midlothian
- 7703 Strath Road, Henrico
- 2216 Millcrest Terrace, Midlothian
- 2300 Wistar Road, Henrico
- 408 S. Laurel Street, Richmond
- 3531 Bellbluff Drive, North Chesterfield
- 9716 Wendhurst Drive, Glen Allen
- 9717 Wendhurst Drive, Glen Allen
- 9718 Wendhurst Drive, Glen Allen
- 9719 Wendhurst Drive, Glen Allen
- 7396 Kelshire Trace, Mechanicsville
- 8009 Summerbrooke Court, Richmond
- 12618 Dawnridge Court, Midlothian
- 12630 Spring Run Road
- 9215 Venetian Way, Henrico, VA
- 8009 Summerbrooke Court, Richmond, VA