Kitchen fire burns Richmond home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RICHMOND, Va. – A Wednesday morning fire burned seven people out of their Richmond home.

The kitchen fire, caused by food left on the stove, brought Richmond firefighters to the 300 block of Essex Place at about 8:17 a.m.

Everyone made it out of the home OK, but two adults were treated on the scene for minor smoke inhalation, according to firefighters on scene.

This is a developing story.

Witnesses can send news tips and photos here.

Google Map for coordinates 37.570667 by -77.428799.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.