RICHMOND, Va. – Big Herm Baskerville visits the kitchen for ‘Tasty Tuesday’ to prepare a Sizzling Beef Lo Mein. This dish is savory and spicy with a hint of sweet; the perfect combination to switch up the usual Holiday menus. You can visit Big Herm at Big Herm’s Kitchen at 315 N 2nd St., in Richmond and at http://bighermskitchenrva.com/5175.
1lb of flank steak sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups of broccoli
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 tablespoons minced garlic
4 cups of favorite noodles (cooked)
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons corn starch
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoons red pepper
2 teaspoons sesame seed
Sauce: Add all ingredients in bowl and wisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a large skillet.
- Add the beef to the pan and season with garlic and pepper.
- Cook until the meat is a little pink. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan add butter, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms. Saute for 3-4 minutes
- Add the beef back to the pan. Pour in sauce and stir until the sauce boils and thickens – about 30 seconds. Add more water if needed to thin out sauce.
- Stir in cooked noodles and toss everything together to coat well.