Nearly a dozen displaced after Chesterfield townhouse fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. – Nearly a dozen people have been displaced after a townhouse fire in Chesterfield County Friday evening.

Fire officials said around 6:58 p.m. they responded to the townhouse in the 3500 block of Lucky Lee Crescent.

Chesterfield Fire Lt. Jason Elmore said the kitchen fire was caused by unattended cooking.

One juvenile was transported to Chippenham Hospital as precaution for smoke inhalation.

Elmore said between 9 and 11 people were displaced because of the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.