TRACK RAIN: Use CBS 6 Interactive Radar

Richmond man wakes to burning AC unit, sofa

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RICHMOND, Va. -- A Richmond man awoke Friday to his air conditioner sofa on fire, the fire victim's brother said.

A 2 a.m. smoke alarm woke the man inside his North 31st Street home. He was able to escape the fire unharmed.

The man's brother said he believed sparks from the air conditioner may have started the fire.

Richmond fire investigators are working to determine exactly what started the fire.