Fire breaks out in second-floor Jackson Ward apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RICHMOND, Va. – Crews are investigating what sparked a fire at an apartment building in Richmond’s Jackson Ward Sunday afternoon.

The fire started just after 4 p.m. in a second-floor unit along the 400 block of Brook Road.

Crews said light smoke was seen coming from the side of the building.

No one was injured.

There has been no word yet on what sparked the fire.

Google Map for coordinates 37.547994 by -77.442636.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.