CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- Cosby High School in Midlothian was evacuated Friday morning as a precaution over concerns of a possible gas leak inside the school.
Photos from the scene showed students gathered outside and a fire engine parked in front of the school just before 10 a.m.
Columbia Gas of Virginia Communications and Community Relations Director Robert C. Innes said crews were called about a "rotten eggs" odor at the school.
"Working with the Chesterfield Fire Department and Chesterfield County Public Schools personnel, company technicians investigated and found no problems with our natural gas facilities," Innes said.
WTVR CBS 6 reporter Laura French said students were allowed back into the building around 10:30 a.m.