NewsLocal News

Actions

Longhorn Steakhouse evacuated due to fire

Longhorn Steakhouse evacuated due to fire
Posted at 12:59 PM, Jan 31, 2017
and last updated 2017-01-31 15:58:03-05

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- The Longhorn Steakhouse in Hancock Village in Chesterfield was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a fire.

The fire started in a dumpster near the restaurant, along the 1400 block of Hancock Village Drive, and eventually extended into the building.

Everyone inside the restaurant made it out okay.

"No fire damage inside," Chesterfield Fire and EMS spokesman Lt. Jason Elmore said. "Approximately 10 workers and 20 customers [were] evacuated."

"We are extremely thankful that we were able to evacuate the restaurant and grateful that everyone is safe. We offer our most sincere gratitude to the first responders that helped extinguish this fire," a restaurant spokesperson said. "We have received the proper approvals, and will re-open the restaurant tonight at 4 p.m."