Search for missing King William woman continues

Longhorn Steakhouse evacuated due to fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- The Longhorn Steakhouse in Hancock Village in Chesterfield was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to a fire.

The fire started in a dumpster near the restaurant, along the 1400 block of Hancock Village Drive, and eventually extended into the building.

Everyone inside the restaurant made it out okay.

"No fire damage inside," Chesterfield Fire and EMS spokesman Lt. Jason Elmore said. "Approximately 10 workers and 20 customers [were] evacuated."

"We are extremely thankful that we were able to evacuate the restaurant and grateful that everyone is safe. We offer our most sincere gratitude to the first responders that helped extinguish this fire," a restaurant spokesperson said. "We have received the proper approvals, and will re-open the restaurant tonight at 4 p.m."

Google Map for coordinates 37.402710 by -77.674621.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.