Track rain in Richmond

Firefighter hurt, dog killed in Colonial Heights fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. -- One firefighter suffered minors injuries and a family's dog was killed in a Christmas fire in Colonial Heights.

The investigation into what sparked the apartment fire on Newcastle Drive is ongoing.

The Red Cross was contacted to help the families displaced by the fire.

Firefighters from Colonial Heights, Chesterfield, Hopewell, Petersburg, and Fort Lee were called to battle this fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.