Man burned in Henrico kitchen fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — A Henrico man was burned in a kitchen fire at his eastern Henrico home Tuesday morning.

Henrico Fire crews were called to the home along the 2500 Carlisle Avenue, off Williamsburg Road, at about 11:35 a.m.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire and treat the homeowner.

His condition was not released, but firefighters on scene reported he suffered a small burn.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment and evaluation.

A dog inside the home also made it out alive.