RICHMOND, Va. -- The police investigation into the death of a woman found inside her Richmond apartment Thursday night has determined she died of a drug overdose, according to Richmond Police. Additional details have not yet been released.
The woman, in her early 20’s, was found dead inside her apartment along the 3100 block of Hanover Avenue in the city's Museum District, police confirmed.
The woman's mother called police to the apartment to investigate when she had not heard from her daughter for a couple of days. She finally called police after no one answered the door when she knocked.
Fire crews arrived on the scene first and helped the mother get in the apartment. That’s when they discovered the woman’s body.
The woman body was taken to the Richmond Medical Examiners Officer where an official cause of death was determined.