RICHMOND, Va. – Just in time for swimsuit season, Olive Garden reintroduces the Breadstick Sandwich, this year with more options. Starting Memorial Day, the Breadstick Sandwiches and brand new Deep Dish Spaghetti Pies will be available at local Olive Gardens.
The new sandwiches that will join the Chicken Parmigiana and Italian Meatball Breadstick Sandwiches are:
- Spicy Calabrian Chicken Breadstick Sandwich: Lightly breaded chicken, fried and tossed in a spicy sauce served with tangy gorgonzola sauce the signature breadstick.
- Eggplant Parmigiana Breadstick Sandwich: Hand-breaded eggplant, fried and topped with Italian cheese and marinara, also served on the signature breadstick.
There will also be three new spaghetti dishes and two of them are deep dish pies.
- Meatball Deep Dish Spaghetti Pie: Spaghetti, seven cheeses and Italian bacon baked in a flaky crust and topped with meatballs and homemade meat sauce.
- Chicken Alfredo Deep Dish Spaghetti Pie: Spaghetti, seven cheeses and Italian bacon baked in a flaky crust and topped with grilled chicken and homemade Alfredo.
- Spaghetti Rosso with Chicken & Bacon: Tomato-infused spaghetti with grilled chicken, bacon, red peppers, tomatoes and asparagus tossed in a homemade Parmesan pesto sauce.
Olive Garden is using an alternative approach to connect with consumers; last year they sent the new sandwiches around on food trucks and this year they are introducing the “Never Ending Family Table.”
The “Never Ending Family Table” will travel around the nation as a way for consumers to sample the new menu items.
The first event is at the High Line in New York City.
From there, two versions of the Never Ending Family Table will continue along in the promotion to provide summer sampling. One will have a planned route through a new city every week. The second table will show up as part of a contest, if someone’s summer celebration story is a chosen winner.
Think birthdays, family reunions and graduation parties.
To submit your summer celebration story and to learn more about the mobile tour, visit olivegarden.com/familytable.
All summer, guests will be selected to receive customized Olive Garden dining experiences at the Never Ending Family Table or in restaurants, the company said.
More than 1,000 stories have already been received.