CBS 6 Steve Harvey VIP Trip Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 21 years old or above as of May 2, 2016, and reside in the Richmond/Petersburg Designated Market Area (“Richmond DMA”) as defined by The Nielsen Company. Void where prohibited and outside the Richmond DMA. Employees of WTVR-TV (the “Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of all such employees are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins on May 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM ET and ends on May 25, 2016, at 5:30 pm ET, and will only be conducted on weekdays (i.e. no entries or prize drawings on May 6,7,13,14,20 and 21) (the “Entry Period”).
3. Sweepstakes Entry: During each weekday of the Entry Period, watch “The Steve Harvey Show” airing on WTVR weekdays from 4 pm to 5 pm ET. Each episode will have a “code word” displayed on the bottom of the screen (commercials excluded). The code word will be different each weekday during the Entry Period. As soon as the daily “code word” is displayed, Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by going to WTVR.com and clicking on the Contests tab to access the Sweepstakes entry page. Entrants will be prompted with an entry screen, and you must accurately complete the entry form. You will also be asked, along with other entry information, to submit that daily a “code word.” Entries are limited to one entry per person/email address/household per weekday. Entries from one weekday entry will not carry over to the next weekday. All entries become the property of WTVR-TV and will not be returned. Information provided is being disclosed to Sponsor. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.Multiple entries, including those by means of software-generated or other automated processes, will be disregarded. Only one daily prize per person, household, or email address per entry period allowed. Detection of said automated entry will lead to such entries being voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only one registered account per entry. If multiple accounts are detected for a single entrant, the accounts will be voided and the entries will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address or account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion.
4. Winner Selection: Beginning May 2 and ending May 25, Sponsor staff will randomly select one entry from all eligible entries each weekday of the contest by between 5:00 and 5:30 pm and that selection will tentatively be declared the daily winner, for a total of 18 potential eligible winners during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that particular weekday drawing.
In addition, by 5:30 pm ET on May 26, 2016, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing among the 18 daily winners to select a Grand Prize Winner. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are one in eighteen.
5. Prize: Each of the 18 daily winners will receive a CBS 6 goody bag containing a CBS 6 cup or mug and a Steve Harvey t-shirt. ARV of each daily prize package is $20.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a two-day/one-night trip for Winner and Guest to Chicago, Illinois including roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodation for one night provided by CBS 6. The winner will also will receive two V.I.P tickets to see the “Steve Harvey” show live as well as a $250 Visa gift card for miscellaneous expenses. ARV of the Grand Prize is $1700.
Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be 21 years of age or older at the time of travel, must travel together on the same itinerary, and must possess all required travel documents. Travel may only be redeemed on the dates and at times determined by Sponsor and the Steve Harvey Show. All scheduling and reservations will be done by Sponsor. Air travel is non-transferable, not changeable and not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles.
Travel and hotel accommodations are subject to availability. Grand Prize winner may be required to present at least one valid major credit card in order to check into hotel room and to cover any incidentals not included in the Grand Prize. Neither Sponsor nor the Steve Harvey Show shall be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, or any other person or entities providing any of these Grand Prize elements or services. If Grand Prize Winner or his/her Guest is not able to travel during the travel dates provided by the Sponsor, or otherwise fails to use or redeem any element of the prize, such prize (or prize element) shall be forfeited and no additional or substitute prize or compensation will be provided. If Winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded.
Neither Sponsor nor the Steve Harvey Show is responsible for any delay or cancellation of the scheduled Steve Harvey taping due to unforeseen circumstances, or those outside of such party’s control. In the event, for whatever reason, the taping of the Steve Harvey Show is cancelled prior to, or during, the Grand Prize Winner’s trip, Sponsor and the Steve Harvey Show will not provide any compensation or substitution for that portion of the prize. Winner (and his/her guest) agrees to comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with the production. Sponsor and the Steve Harvey Show reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and his/her guest who engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Steve Harvey Show or in any other objectionable behavior.
6. Winner Notifications: Each daily winner will be announced on CBS 6 News by 5:30 p.m. the day of the drawing and contacted by email by 6 p.m. for each Drawing. The grand prize drawing will take place by 5:30 pm ET on May 26, 2016, and the winner be announced on CBS 6 News by 5:55 p.m. and contacted by email by 6 p.m.
7. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Winners are subject to verification by WTVR-TV of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at the business offices of WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230 during normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET) on business days by no later than June 30, 2016. A potential winner will be disqualified if: (a) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; and/or (b) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, and may be required to provide a completed W-9. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries for that Drawing Date (and attempt to notify that winner by telephone or email) or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
8. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
9. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS PROHIBITED AND MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes, it will determine the winners of remaining prizes by random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date and will attempt to notify those winners by telephone or email. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays in the Sweepstakes. Other than the prizes received by the winners, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, the Steve Harvey Show, Endemol Shine North America, NBCUniversal and Deep Dish Productions of Chicago, LLC. and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (b) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (b) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (c) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (d) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (e) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (f) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (g) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (h) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (i) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the entry process are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. IN CASE OF DISPUTE: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Venue for any action concerning the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be in the federal and state courts located in Richmond, Virginia. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Sweepstakes-related materials, including but not limited to the Sweepstakes entry forms, or the point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules will prevail, govern and control.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230 by July 5, 2016. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET) at WTVR-TV’s business offices or online at http://www.wtvr.com.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WTVR-TV, located at 3301 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm ET). Requests for winners list must be received by July 5, 2016.
16. Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsor and/or Second Street without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
17. Sponsor: WTVR-TV, 3301 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230.