RICHMOND, Va - Chef Darren Rounds, CEC, Chef Instructor at Reynolds Community College, visited the Virginia This Morning kitchen with a fresh Farmer's Market Penne dish. This meal was a tasty preview to the 25th Annual Southern Women's Show Friday, April 15th through Sunday, April 17th at Richmond Raceway Complex, located at 600 E. Laburnum Avenue. For more information visit http://www.southernshows.com/wri and http://www.foodlion.com.
Farmers Market Penne
1/4 teaspoon Food Lion Salt
2 tablespoons Food Lion Red Wine Vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 C Food Lion extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb. Food Lion Penne Pasta
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 lb. zucchini, trimmed and sliced into thin half moons
1 bag frozen Food Lion peas, cooked according to package instructions
1 lb. grape tomatoes, halved
1 C fresh basil, chopped
1/4 C fresh mint, chopped
1/2 C fresh chives, chopped
Taste of Inspirations Parmesan cheese
- Set a large pot of salted water on to boil (covered). In a small bowl whisk salt into vinegar until dissolved, then add in garlic and whisk in 1/3 cup of olive oil in a steady stream. In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with this dressing and set aside.
- When water reaches a boil, add in penne and cook to package directions.
- Saute the zucchini and onion and add peas and all fresh herbs.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well then toss with marinating tomatoes, cooked zucchini and onion, and all fresh herbs.
- Top with Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.