RICHMOND, Va. – Fire crews extinguished a blaze in an apartment’s kitchen in Richmond Saturday afternoon.
Lt. Chris Armstrong with the Richmond Fire Department said crews were dispatched to an apartment building in the 2800 block of North Avenue at 5:13 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from an apartment on the building’s second floor.
Armstrong said everyone made it out safely and that the blaze marked under control at 5:25 p.m.
Capt. C. Christian said the fire started after a man cooking dinner left the stove unattended. When he came back into the room, he saw smoke coming from the stove.
Two people were displaced.