COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. — One person was rushed to the hospital after a fire broke out at a Colonial Heights home Saturday night.
It happened at a home in the 900 Block of Yorkshire Road around 8:45 p.m.
“When fire units arrived on scene they had fire showing from the front picture window,” Lt. Joe Boisseau with Colonial Heights Fire Department said. “The occupant had made it outside, but suffered burns while escaping.”
Boisseau said the victim was transported to VCU Medical Center.
Crews marked the fire under control in about 30 minutes. No one else was injured.
The blaze is estimated to have caused $40,000 in damages.
While the fire remains under investigation, officials said it is believed to be accidental.
Stay with WTVR.com and watch CBS 6 News for updates on this developing story.